Apply to: https://nyserda.seamlessdocs.com/f/NYSERDA_Careers
The description: Facilities Support Specialist
New York is leading the nation in the fight against global climate change and the transition to an economy powered by clean energy. With the passage of the Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act (CLCPA), New York codified the nation’s most aggressive climate change agenda with the goals of:
• Produce 70% of its electricity from renewable sources by 2030
• Achieve zero carbon emissions in the electricity sector by 2040
• Install 9 gigawatts of offshore wind power by 2035
• Install 6 gigawatts of solar power by 2025
• Install 3 gigawatts of energy storage by 2030
Additionally, the act creates the Climate Action Council comprised of the leaders of various state agencies and authorities along with legislative appointees to develop a plan outlining how the state will achieve an 85% reduction in emissions. greenhouse gases relative to 1990 levels by 2050 and eventually net. zero emissions in all sectors of the economy.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Facilities Support Specialist is responsible for the timely response to office services and facilities needs which includes but is not limited to the duties of all phases of facility maintenance. buildings, security, fleet maintenance, copier/printer, mail processing and delivery, office planning and maintenance at all NYSERDA facilities.
Building systems and equipment
• Critical building systems and equipment – inspect and report daily to manager on various building systems: HVAC, electrical emergency lighting (ATS/UPS switch/generator), fire extinguishers, AED, photocopiers, postage meter, alarm system fire, building exterior – parking lots, lawn sprinklers and pumps, landscaping, etc. Schedule repairs and maintenance with relevant suppliers and contractors as required.
• Order and maintain inventory of supplies for belts, filters, paint, paper, toners, shipping supplies, etc.
• Ensure safety and security procedures are followed for fire and emergency drills, use required safety equipment when performing and supervising work and report all incidents to the manager installations
• Maintenance – repairs to office equipment including but not limited to desks, cubicles, chairs, lights, etc.
drains, hanging pictures, whiteboards and bulletin boards, etc.
• Fleet vehicles – vehicle maintenance, transport of items, transport of personnel to/from stations, airports, etc.
• Mail Services – Inbound/Outbound Mail, Sorting, Delivery – USPS, Express Mail, Fulfillment Orders (NYSERDA Print Jobs)
• Cable and satellite TV service: make sure service is working, address/resolve issues
• Supply stocks – maintain adequate levels of supplies and store in an orderly manner
• Janitorial: includes non-routine cleaning, vacuuming, sweeping, scrubbing, carpet/floor/upholstery stains, garbage/recycling removal, shredding/recycling removal
• Storage facilities – maintain storage areas
• Cover reception during breaks, holidays and receptionist sick days as required
• Security – maintain security supplies and equipment, maintain inventory of visitor ID badges, adhere to NYSERDA security policies and procedures, report all security incidents to the Facilities Manager
• Keys – order copies of keys
• Plan, coordinate and execute staff moves and prepare for new hires and departures of staff as required and enter data into floor plans and database
• Order furniture when needed
• Supervise and assist with furniture deliveries and installations; maintain furniture, assemble/disassemble, install and move furniture
• Administrative – maintain service filing systems, databases, spreadsheets and forms, prepare reports, maintain requisitions, order confirmations, delivery receipts/work orders and process invoices
• Assist staff with various requests, additional assignments and special projects as needed
• Attend training courses as needed
• 5 years of relevant experience in installations, as described above
• Valid driver’s license – occasional travel to Buffalo and New York offices required, some overnight
• Customer service oriented with strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and interact effectively with all levels of the organization
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Comfortable and proficient in the use of basic hand, power and air tools
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
• Physical requirements include, but are not limited to: ability to lift equipment, furniture, packages; climb a ladder, bend, reach, push, pull, stand, sit, walk
o Sitting potentially 3 to 4 hours a day
o Standing potentially 6 to 7 hours a day
o Walk potentially 6 to 7 hours a day
o Climb an 8-12′ ladder potentially 2-3 times a week
o Lifting generally up to 25 lbs; sometimes 50 to 75 pounds.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Technical school certificate
• Shipping/receiving experience
• Experience in assembling office furniture
Candidates will be considered based on their qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is offered.
Please submit a file including both your cover letter and resume.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) are core values at NYSERDA and in our work for New Yorkers and the clean energy market. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable work environment and we are committed to diversity in all its forms. Because our programs serve all New Yorkers, we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse and engaged workforce and to creating a workplace that enables all NYSERDA employees to reach their full professional potential and staff.
NYSERDA is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically associated with race), ethnicity, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, family status, marital status, age, national origin, disability (including conditions related to pregnancy), military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposition, reproductive health decision-making (including the decision to use or access a drug, device or service particular medical condition), status of being a victim of domestic violence, known relationship or association with a member of a protected class, or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified candidates regardless of criminal history, in accordance with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting the Americans with Disabilities Act (DRA) Coordinator, found in the Americans with Disabilities Act section of this page. titled “Reasonable Accommodation Contact Information.
Apply to: https://nyserda.seamlessdocs.com/f/NYSERDA_Careers